Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Don't Give Up!

Don't give up! You can do this! There is light on the other side of this tunnel! There is hope! There is greatness! There is everything you can imagine if you don't give up!

It's so easy to not want to be bothered anymore. It is so easy to say that this is too hard and I don't want to do this but what if you pushed just a little bit more. What if you continued to persevere. Continued to believe. What if you didn't complain? What about an attitude of gratitude. I speak to myself while I'm typing this. I was falling into a sinking despair a few weeks ago where I just stopped believing. I stopped hoping. I just stopped. I got tired of hearing people trying to build me up and say that I got this. I got tired of hearing how strong I was and that this too shall pass. It gets better. God's got you. I didn't want to hear it. So much so, I tuned people out. I just heard all those negative voices instead. You know those words such as it won't get better, you won't make it, GIVE UP!

Isn't it sad the way negativity can win? It consumes you actual. That's what it was doing to me. So much so, I believed great things for everyone but myself. It is easy to do that by the way. However, it causes people to not want to deal with that spirit, that way of thinking and being. It drains you. I know it was doing it to me personally so imagine those around me how they felt. How my son felt. He is very intuitive and knows when Mommy isn't herself. I had to wake up to a new mindset yesterday, I spoke out loud and said enough is enough. I had a mantra in my head all weekend saying that I serve a God of more than enough. That was my reminder. Then throughout the weekend, I started seeing rainbows while driving. Instead of up in the sky though, it was on the road. God's promises to me won't come back void. He doesn't lie! And that is when I had to put the enemy in check. Today, as I drove my son to school, I saw another rainbow-this one in the sky! :-) Brighter days are ahead. Chin up, buttercup, it gets better. You will get through this! 

No comments:

Mommyhood

I struggle a lot with being a single mom.  To some it may seem I have this down pat but honestly, I'm just learning as the days go by. I...