Thursday, February 28, 2019

Mommyhood

I struggle a lot with being a single mom.  To some it may seem I have this down pat but honestly, I'm just learning as the days go by. It's tough. I'm grateful to have my son. It's difficult though when you don't know what to do for him or how to help him. He is currently struggling with some things right now. First, stories regarding his Dad and what his little mind thought it was. Then as time went on, relationships that ended that affected him and it manifested itself this year. We have had a lot of transition in 2018 and it was difficult for him to adjust. I figured that would be the case. However, others opinions were, of he will be fine. Kids adjust quickly. They don't! Children loves a routine! I know for a fact my son does, so all the interruption in our lives during the past year and a half has been hard. I pray for him and with him, cry with him and for him,  speak to him,  discipline him, but this week, I honestly just felt helpless. I got uncles, grandparents, and aunties involved but overall this is a process I wasn't ready for. I'm hoping, over time, things will get better. Until then, I'll continue to reassure him that God and I will forever be his constant.

No comments:

Mommyhood

I struggle a lot with being a single mom.  To some it may seem I have this down pat but honestly, I'm just learning as the days go by. I...