Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Doubting Thomas

John 20: 24, 27-29:"...So he said to them, 'Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe...Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing. And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God! Jesus said to him, 'Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.'" NKJV

Doubting Thomas just didn't believe Jesus rose again! At all!!! Like, he literally said if I can't put my finger in the print of His hand, I won't truly believe it is Jesus. Wow! Bold right?! Well, guess what? I'm just as bold and quite frankly it is rude of me to be that bold! And can I also say, naive! I can't speak about anyone else but surely, I can speak about my own experiences. There are times I doubted God so much I wonder to myself why does He bother with me and my mess, lol. Like, seriously? I mean even today. There is a situation I'm currently going through, and God told me the reaction I'm expecting will be the opposite. And do you know it, a little doubt crept in? SMH at me. I should be ashamed and I am. Other times I'm just living in fear. Which is crazy because God has done so much and brought me through so much. Especially, this last year. He has been dealing with me with areas of my heart that I didn't realize I was going through. He also has me a season of spiritual cleaning. As far as people, places, and things.  He is getting rid of a lot of things to get me to where He wants me to be. So why do I doubt?

Well, I need to remember to realize that God is not like man. Please, read that one again. I know I need to, often! He is not a man who should lie. He doesn't just give promises and not keep them like people do. In all the disappointment with people, God doesn't disappoint us. He loves us too much to not tell us the truth and to not give us the truth. I thank God for His patience with me and all my emotional mess. I know without Him, I wouldn't be where I am now. I am so thankful, that He isn't like man. He is patient, loving, kind, and understanding. He knows the doubts I have and still gives me reminders, some gentle and some not so gentle :-). I know it is necessary though because I know I need to be checked with my thoughts, my mind. I also have to continue to remember that although some promises have not come to pass, it doesn't mean it won't. He is a promise keeper.

Habbakkuk 2:3 "For the vision is yet for an appointented time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, it will not tarry." NKJV

No comments:

Mommyhood

I struggle a lot with being a single mom.  To some it may seem I have this down pat but honestly, I'm just learning as the days go by. I...